Finding the best golf travel bags will depend on your financial capacity, convenience, club and weight investments and travel frequencies. As a one-time golf visitor or constant flier, there is a need to have the most appropriate bags that can keep and hold your golf clubs as you take your journey on your next destination. Always bear in mind that golf clubs that are not closely packed because they may get scratched or dented while you’re on your way. Arranging them on your golf travel bag makes it simpler and easier to find for the right club while on a golf course.
Travel golf bags come in various fashions, colors and designs. A more exclusive section for water bottle and mobile phone is also seen in these bags. There are also soft or hard travel golf bags that you may opt that depend on your golfing requisites.
With the many bags to see and purchase in the market, you can surely find for the best one that meets your needs and personality. Oftentimes, travel golf bags are sold in a wide array of features and shades that will fulfill your most basic demands.
In truly getting the best golf travel bag, there are excellent tips to follow for a golf player and golf traveler like you and these are the following:
- Softness or Hardness of the Material – One of the first tips to consider when shopping for the best golf travel bag is its softness and hardness. Actually, golf bags that are used for travelling are mainly categorized into two categories: soft or hard. The hard ones are a better choice as they provide for optimum protection on golf clubs. The soft ones also provide adequate protection but there is a need to be extra careful when on a bumpy and rocky ride.
- Size – Golf irons mainly differ in size. Therefore, the size of your most precious bag must greatly vary on the maximum size of your used golf clubs. If you are using a forty-eight inch driver, then a golf travel bag that measures thirty-six inches in height does not complement to it. However, larger bags will always mean expensive prices that must be kept in mind while shopping.
- Lock Type – Another important thing that must be kept in mind is the lock type. Due to the reason that golfing equipment is a significant investment, it is also right to think that one may attempt to take it away from you. This even happens to many players without being negligent at all. This is also prior to their using a golf travel bag that has an inadequate locking system. The lock type is also an important feature to consider if you own special and high-end equipment. Instead of choosing bags with the usual latch or zipper, make use of the padlock that secures it well.
- Handles – Multiple handles are most preferred by many golf travelers. Although you like a shoulder-carrying type of golf travel bag, there are instances that you must carry it by using your hand. Also, check the toughness of the handles. Are they able to stand the pressure of lifting the weight of the things placed inside the bag? In terms of convenience, does it permit a firm and easy grip on the handles? Are there shoulder padding? Take note that shoulder padding prevents the burden on the shoulders that irritate your skin.
- Durability and Material– A lightweight and durable material is actually the best golf travel bag. It facilitates comfort and convenience when travelling. To achieve optimum safety, a bag that comes along with extra thickness on both sides must be chosen. The sides are always the weakest parts of the bag. Apart from it, look for one that is much easier to clean. There are times that no matter how careful you are, you will always get dirt or mud. It can be pretty noticeable in your golf travel bag. If you are a meticulous-type of person, then you would want to clean it immediately.
- Storage– There is a need to find for the best travel bag that stores golf clubs and provides extra space. Bottled water, keys, handkerchiefs also need extra space.
- Wheels– In getting the best golf travel bag, it is right to find for golf travel bags that already have their wheels. Without wheels, you can expect to carry the bag as you take your journey.
- Appearance– This is actually the last tip to consider for a golf traveler like you. With the many previous factors being necessary, this one may not always be. This is even the most fun and interesting factor that depends on your preference and taste.
- One or Two Types of Best Golf Travel Bags– So far, Hybrid Bag is the best type of bag that is used when travelling and attending a golf course. Look for one that has its helmet and car bag features. There must also be in-line wheels that make it easier to cross on airport lobbies.
“Heavy Duty Soft Bag” is another type of golf bag that is preferred by most touring professionals on the LPGA, PGA and Champion Tours. This is also another type of golf travel bag that is best to purchase. Now, you have learned more about the excellent tips in choosing the best golf travel bags, it’s time to get one!